Company & Business Area Description:
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Local Unit & Position Description:
DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Solar Engineer to join our team in Warsaw. The position is a full-time position.
As an independent advisor, the Solar Engineer will spend the majority of the time conducting direct project work for clients, in addition to supporting business development and in-house research projects.
In particular, the Solar Engineer will be involved in the solar projects in Poland and Eastern Europe countries and will be part of an international group of solar experts dealing with operational services for solar plants.
- Direct Project work: As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory tasks which may include project analysis, data analytics with skills and knowledge to determine project performance trends and component behaviour, site inspections for root cause analytics, project management, preparing and delivering presentations and direct contact with the Customers. The Engineer will provide also solar energy related services associated with system design, design review, site assessment, technology evaluation and risk assessment, EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring and technical report writing;
- Commercial: The Solar Engineer will provide support to the existing solar team on tracking business opportunities, preparation of proposal, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with focus on main Eastern European solar PV markets;
- Previous experience in the solar sector, at least one year, preferable in consultancy or engineering companies. (Please note that candidates not fulfilling this requirement will not be taken into account for the placement);
- Bachelor degree in solar/renewable energy, engineering, electric, statistics, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or other relevant discipline;
- Familiar with development, EPC and operation of Solar PV Plants in Poland and/or internationally;
- Familiar with typical equipment for site inspections (thermographic cameras, I-V curve tracers);
- Knowledge of wind renewable energy will be an advantage;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Polish; knowledge of Russian would be a strong asset.
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally;
- Ability to work independently, with an internal team, and with external partner organizations;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Valid driving License.
Please submit your CV in English.